Monday, July 20, 2009

Day Twelve - Einige Zungenbrecher

To make up for the lack of exercise due to "Ron and Nancy" I went for a short hike in the woods followed by a short jog in the park. Almost every young woman in the park (and upon further thought, most younger women throughout the city) was with at least one small child and/or is expecting one. It's great to see so many young families enjoying themselves in the park. It's also nice to see a park not loaded with garbage bags like some of the parks in Toronto (there is a city-wide strike on at the moment).

As for the high fertility rate, is it the water? Or are the television programs really bad here? I don't know, but guys, keep your tighty-whities, forget the oysters and skip the Semenax. Just move to Dresden. You'll both be pregnant in no time at all.

I bought a (full-sized) bottle of Argentinian red today for under two Euro. It wasn't the cheapest wine but it wasn't the most expensive either. It's a good rule of thumb to choose somewhere in the middle, I was once advised. Ha ha. It's an '07 Syrah-Malbec and you know what? It's not completely terrible.

One of today's in-class exercises was to write a tongue twister in German. This wasn't much of a challenge for me because most of my German sentences are garbled anyway. Heck, even the words in my English sentences are starting to around get too mixed.

Anyway, I came up with "Der Koch hat Kuchen im Kelly's Küche gekocht" - The cook cooked cake in Kelly's kitchen. First prize for me!